World Class manufacture and supplier of surfactants and associated chemicals for the personal care, cosmetics, HI&I and many industrial applications. 🙂 is also recognised as a foremost contract and toll manufacturer, offering an impressive wide range of chemical manufacturing capabilities on behalf of its global customer base.
• As part of the 🙂 sales team, actively promote the 🙂 name and services in the market.
• Maintain and develop our existing contract /toll and services to customers, whilst also developing new global sales and distribution opportunities for 🙂 – selling the technical capabilities of :).
• Keep the 🙂 management team aware of all market intelligence as it affects our customers, suppliers, competitors, and our ability to compete most effectively in the market with both existing and new products & services.
We are looking for a candidate who has a good chemistry and technical applications knowledge in a wide variety of markets together with a plant processing knowledge and a focused commercial approach.
A clear communicator, confident, self-motivated, and proactive. With a proven track record of selling contract and toll based chemical production to industry and with the drive to make 🙂 the preferred partner.
You must be able to influence multiple stakeholders within the business to ensure contract customers are given the correct priority. The successful applicant must possess excellent analytical/problem solving skills with ability to analyse complex technical and operational data and develop effective solutions and continuous process improvements.
Duties / Areas of Responsibility:
• Develop relationships and ensure regular communication with existing customers via visits, email, and telephone to maintain and grow current business and become their ‘go to’ person.
• Be willing and able to talk with both the technical and commercial departments of our contract customers to gain as much knowledge of product uses and the wider industry as possible to be able to advise them to ensure they retain their customers but also to help with potential further projects.
• Use application and industry knowledge to research and identify potential new customers and introduce them to :)’s technical capabilities. Be able to manage the long-term nature of developing potential new contract customers and have the patience to see them through to fruition.
• Provide contract manufacturing quotes within the guidelines of the business and be able to negotiate with customers to convert business, including acceptable MOQ’s, margin, deliverability, and terms & conditions of sale.
• Ensure sharing of information with the sales team to identify potential contract requirements.
• Use application and industry knowledge to identify potential new markets by both sector and geography.
• Be able to sell synergistically to similar customers within the same industry without breaching the confidentiality of others.
• Follow up leads from the website, incoming enquiries and from any other source.
• Attend UK and overseas exhibitions, as required, and follow up leads.
• Ensure all activity is recorded and communicated within the business in a timely manner.
• Build relationships with the rest of the 🙂 business team and understand the internal processes to ensure that the sales function can operate effectively.
• Maintain and improve the quality of service.
• Keep up to date on applications, the competition, the market and the developments within 🙂 and its technical capabilities.
• Travel, as required and authorised, within the UK and overseas.
• Proactively keep up to date with market trends and promote these to the sales and leadership teams
• Strong technical, chemistry background.
• Proven track record in sales within the chemical industry.
• Work under pressure and to strict and sometimes challenging deadlines, with the ability to prioritise own work.
• Have the patience and tenacity to stay with long term projects, ensuring focus is maintained.
• Work on own initiative but realise the need for the whole team to get the business done.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Have excellent administration, planning, organisational and time keeping skills.