Exciting Career Opportunity for Process and Development Technologist in the UK Food and Beverage Industry!
Are you a skilled and innovative Process and Development Technologist seeking a new challenge in the dynamic world of food and beverage manufacturing, or looking for your first opportunity within the industry? Join my client's team, they are a leading player in the industry, and are at the forefront of creating delicious products that delight consumers worldwide!
My client is a leading Food and Beverage Manufacturer in the heart of the UK and is on the lookout for a dynamic and experienced Senior Process and Development Technologist to join our innovative team. With a rich heritage and commitment to quality, we are at the forefront of creating delicious and sustainable products that captivate taste buds globally.
• Approval to Launch Management: To take approved concepts through to successful launch in the factory:
• closely liaise with NPD colleagues and the Technical team, ensuring up-to-date awareness of customer briefs.
• assist with internal feasibility assessment in terms of product design and the product process.
• coordinate/carry out daily trial activities, assessing new raw materials and ensuring draft process control documentation is prepared in advance.
• Carry out all post-trial tasks to confirm relevant product information e.g. customer re-heat instructions, organoleptic assessment, freeze suitability & transit approval and provision of product quality standards, making available process documentation for launch.
• preparation for / attendance at product photography sessions.
• preparation and responsibility for both pre-production runs and product launches, and, set up new products on recipe/equipment software systems as relevant.
• To regularly review materials (including packaging), products and processes to drive innovation:
• visit (potential) suppliers to assess the benefits of new raw materials (including packaging) / equipment, professionally representing the Company, and providing documented evidence on which to base informed decisions; and play an active role in the commissioning of new equipment by attending trials and ensuring that trial findings/results are reported, identifying outstanding action(s) / the next step(s).
• To support the concept team during the initial development process for projects and briefs: Making samples in the development kitchen, checking nutritional results for recipes, putting recipes together and understanding functional ingredients, Completing NPD paperwork and sample submission forms
• As a member of the Process Team, to support site initiatives:
• support the Operations team in site-specific initiatives that have been briefed e.g. to improve efficiencies.
• identifying and recommending changes to systems and processes as appropriate
• to gain approval for the use of new raw materials using the New Product Development Process.
• To be actively involved in Quality & Product Improvement Projects:
• play a role in improving the quality of products in terms of product components and overall visual appearance via project briefs.
• be involved in the Company HACCP food safety system, e.g. new raw materials and equipment.
• play an active role in product improvement projects as initiated in-house or by the customer e.g. the use of more process-friendly ingredients.
• ensure the maintenance of process control documentation and the recipe/equipment software system as required.
• Play an active role in the management of internal and external relationships, supporting the Technical and NPD teams.
• Ensure that all direct communication to the customer is of a high standard and that through this communication you present a good image of the Company. Direct communication could be through customer site visits, e-mails, telephone conversations etc.
• Work closely with the other departments and functions to effectively deliver NPD and Continuous Improvement projects.
• When required, effective communication with Senior Management.
• Ideal applicant could have two years’ experience with an up-to-date knowledge of food manufacturing, processes & equipment. Alternatively, this role may suit a recent Food Technology Student or Placement looking to gain solid experience.
• Knowledge of food/drink manufacturing processes
• Understanding of supply chain principles and practices desirable
• Proven track record within the food manufacturing environment
• Minimum HNC / HND or comparable course in relevant food technology or related qualifications,
• Experience with HACCP desirable (training will be provided)
• Food Hygiene Certificate (training will be provided)
What they offer:
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
• Opportunities for professional growth and development.
• A collaborative and vibrant work environment.
• Employee benefits, including life insurance and retirement plans.
• Join us in shaping the future of the food and beverage industry! If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of culinary innovation, we want to hear from you.
My client is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.