Management Accountant and Business Partner - Food Manufacturer, South East England
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
Our client, are a large P/E backed Group in the FMCG sector, supplying major retailers with own label and branded chilled foods across a number of categories and they are recruiting for a Management Accountant. You will be responsible for providing financial analytical support, assisting to maximise commercial business performance and hold the commercial managers to account on delivering our trading plans.
• Preparation of divisional weekly and monthly reporting to Group deadlines (maintaining prepayments, accruals), and reviewing / challenging inputs to the month end process.
• Work closely with commercial managers to assist in analysing financial performance of the division and assisting in costing / tender projects as necessary
• Develop further weekly reporting and tailored to provide insight into business performance.
• Develop division and customer P&L reporting and KPI’s for divisional managers
• Develop a standardised appraisal process to analyse and assess potential and actual promotional activity to enable commercial colleagues to create successful promotional offers
• Support capital appraisals and management of category capital budgets in line with Group requirements
• Support the Group annual budgeting exercise along with monthly forecasting cycles
• Provide analysis and insight that links finance to the wider strategies at the category, brand and group level
• Build and develop partnerships with wider stakeholders
• Other ad-hoc analysis as required
• The successful candidate must be a part / qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a proven track record in the role.
• Need to have an understanding (and background in) of FMCG, retail or manufacturing cost based environments.
• Excellent IT skills - Microsoft (in particular Excel), Internet, Email. Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Used to working in fast moving environments, providing accurate and timely information to a high standard.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply or call Gareth Baerecke