Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not restricted to those listed below, the job holder may be asked to carry out other additional tasks within their capability and knowledge.
• Working closely with the Commercial department to ensure NPD projects are managed effectively from a supply perspective.
• Specifying packaging for projects as required.
• Sourcing of Packaging and Raw Materials relevant to existing, and new products.
• Working with suppliers to ensure required packaging specifications are met for each project.
• Creation and management of new packaging standards for seal process and Quality requirements.
• Building and maintaining new and existing supplier relationships
• Negotiation of beneficial pricing for new product development, and of cost savings across the current stock base.
• Using internal MRP systems to calculate day-to-day stock requirements.
• Facilitating on-time deliveries of purchase orders by regular communication with suppliers, as required.
• Building positive relationships with internal stakeholders to enable a first-class service to the rest of the business.
• To work closely with the Purchasing Manager in order to set and improve processes across the department.
• General Office tasks as required (answering the phone, greeting visitors, office cleanliness etc.)
• A positive and affable individual.
• Confidence and ability to work individually using own initiative, and as part of a team.
• Highly organised and a good problem solver.
• Able to work in a flexible manner, managing multiple tasks and projects at all times.
• Capability to work well under pressure and to tight timelines.
• Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and experience in building positive relationships, both internally and externally.
• Commercial awareness with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to successfully multitask.
• Proficient in all MS Office tools, in particular Excel.
• A keenness and ability to learn and develop within the business.
Formal Qualifications and Experience required:
• 2 years minimum prior experience in a purchasing or NPD related role required.
• Experience of sourcing and procuring Packaging and Raw Materials preferable.
• Experience of packaging print processes across different mediums would be an advantage.
• Personal Care/Cosmetics product experience desirable.
• Experience using in-house MRP/ERP systems such as Sage or SAP.
• Purchasing Business-related A-level or degree level qualification preferred.
Rewards & Benefits:
We’re dedicated to ensuring is a great place to work, we love what we do and we want to work with great people who love what they do too. We have a happy and inclusive workplace that offers support and development opportunities for our people to continue to achieve their best.
This role will be office based. offer a company profit share bonus after qualifying period.
This Job Description is a guide only and is not exhaustive.
Additional duties may be required as and when the needs of the business or position dictate.