Business Development Manager
Reports into: Business Development Director
Job Purpose: The BDM is at the heart of the business and will deliver or exceed the margin, revenue, volume and other KPI’s laid out. Designated accounts will be managed proactively throughout the year to ensure that the required relationships, product assortment, coverage/distribution, and price levels are in place to attain KPI’s. Operating cross functionally both internally and externally, the BDM will role model company values and desired professional behaviours.
Working Pattern: Hybrid, 3 days in the office per week (flexible)
• Managing existing and new account business relationships to meet or exceed budgeted KPI’s.
• Actively & proactively connecting with buyers and where appropriate key technical / development / supply chain / marketing / finance / other staff, developing strong relationships and responding to opportunities or risks in a proactive and timely manner.
• Managing day to day performance of existing and new lines in portfolio accounts.
• Managing cost price increases on time and within business expectations, with admin right first time.
• Managing terms, payment, or account related issues in a proactive and supportive manner.
• Meeting supply colleagues when requested and supplying an accurate demand forecast at the agreed frequency, informing of major amendments or new news promptly.
• Minimising cost and waste and maximising sustainability and efficiency at every opportunity.
• Developing and monitoring account plans and internal trading updates for significant customers, including use of available and relevant insight data (trends, quantitative and qualitative research)
• Reporting on and recommending responses to trade news and emerging competitive context
• Ensuring all new business is commercially viable from inception to launch through the feasibility and gated process, in consultation with the Sales senior leadership team.
• Participating fully in Sales and other functional (and cross functional) meetings as requested
• Health and Beauty experience is desired.
• FMCG experience – food & beverage
• Experience with top 4 grocers and discounters.
• 2-5 years’ experience within a sales or business development role
• Full drivers’ licence
• £35,000 – 55,000k basic salary
• £5,000 car allowance
• Competitive bonus scheme – paid out regularly.
• Hybrid and flexible working