£40,000 annual salary
Based in Cornwall
Full-time Permanent position
DR Newitt are currently recruiting on behalf of an award winning family-owned food producer, who are looking to hire an experienced Transport Manager in Cornwall due to the company’s exceptional recent growth. This position will be well-suited to a self-motivated, pro-active and ambitious Transport Manager, who wants to make a positive contribution to a growing organisation.
• Planning and delivery of operational transport activities through the Transport team
• Accountability for productivity with the Transport operation; ensuring activities are cost-effective and resources are properly managed
• Effectively motivating, managing and inspiring the Transport Team
• Proposing innovations to Transport operations, taking into account customer feedback
• Ensuring that regulations relating to safety, health, environment and quality are properly adhered to
• Servicing of fleet, including company vehicles and fork-lifts
• Strong prior experience working as a Transport Manager, ideally within FMCG
• Relevant transport management systems knowledge
• Exceptional organisational, communication and leadership skills
• A relevant Transport Manager’s Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Haulage, or a willingness to work towards one.
• A positive, proactive and personable approach
We’re looking to get this position filled as quickly as possible so, if you’re interested in hearing more about this position, please apply today!