Premier Meat & Poultry Supplier
Greater London, £40K
A well-established organisation that prides itself on 1st class bespoke butchery. Looking after the high-end foodservice sector they provide their products across London and the Southeast.
The Transport Manager will lead and manage a fleet of 10-15 Vehicles (3.5-ton chiller Vans) maintaining high levels of service and committing to daily delivery windows circa 250 drops per day. Your duties will include.
• Management of all transport staff, budgeting, and cost control
• Ensure the fleet is serviced and maintained to maximise the “on-road time” of all equipment.
• Managing the planning and organising of the schedules and operational work of the transport function to meet all service-level agreements.
• Ensure Department of Transport regulations are followed.
PLEASE NOTE – The hours are 4 am to 1 pm Monday to Friday and every other Saturday morning.
Your Skills & Experience
To be considered as the new Transport Manager you will need.
• Previous experience as a Transport manager- Ideally from Food
• Able to lead motivate and develop your team.
• Route planning and multi-drop experience
• Experience in Promoting safe working practices, attaining and sustaining high standards of H&S, hygiene and security.
If successful as the new Transport Manager, you’ll receive a base salary of £40,000.00 + benefits + generous holiday. You’ll also have access to discounted products and possible salary-sacrifice vehicle options.