Training Officer, West Midlands
Sector: Human Resources
Location: West Midlands
Job type: Permanent
Our client has earned a place as a market leader from a strong combination of tradition and innovation. For years this Manufacturer has supplied into an impressive range of customers. It is also important to stress this business has been very resilient to the COVID Climate and the popularity of products shows no signs of diminishing! With a very low turnover of staff and a real emphasis on people development, now a fantastic opportunity arises to join this successful outfit...
Reporting into the HR Manager job purpose is as follows:
To support the Human Resources Manager in the effective management and delivery of the overall learning and development strategy. The training officer will identify development needs, design, create and deliver solutions across the organisation at every level.
Training Officer is responsible for identifying staff training and development needs, and for planning, organising and overseeing appropriate training within the business.
Training Officer equips staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out work related tasks. Training Officers will deliver the training themselves (or with the assistance of Supervisors when required) or arrange for a third-party trainer where required
Training Officer helps with ongoing, long term improvement of employee skills, enabling them to fulfill their potential within the Company.
• To create design and deliver the statutory, mandatory, developmental and organisational training requirements for new and existing staff across all areas of the organisation.
• Create Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s) and training these out
• Maintaining an up to date data base of all training delivered to each individual employee
• Identifying training and development needs within the Company through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with HR Department, Operations, Production and Technical Managers
• Designing and expanding training programmes based on Company and individual needs
• To manage and deliver the Induction Programme for all new starters
• Monitor regulatory and customer requirements for staff training and competence to ensure they are all met.
• To record all training and development in accordance with regulatory and customer requirements.
• To liaise with external training providers to arrange delivery of educational programmes required by the Company.
• To assist the Human Resources Manager in any administrative tasks as and when required.
• Work with relevant departments to ensure training requirements are met.
• Mentoring the Supervisors and Charge Hands to ensure best practice is carried out.
• Devising individual learning programmes
• Producing training materials for in-house courses
• Monitoring and reviewing progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussion with Managers
• Helping Supervisors solve specific training problems, either one to one or as group
• Keeping up to date with developments in training by reading journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses
• Having an understanding of e-learning techniques and creation/delivery of e-learning techniques
You will be extremely driven and passionate about training and development with experience training staff. Experience working in a manufacturing environment is desirable. You will be confident in your ability to deliver training and present to groups. You will have strong Excel skills. The role offers good scope for development to candidates who want to acquire the Train the Trainer qualification and be part of a market leading business.
MON-FRI Office Hours
28 Days Holiday
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.