Market leading Food Manufacturer recruiting….
Making the most of people’s talents and developing them to their full potential is the core purpose of the Training and Development Manager. You will be passionate about helping people learn and better themselves but tied to this will be a strong focus on not just what the learner desires, but what the company needs. You will be capable of both assessing training needs, crafting learning content and implementing it-just being able to do one of these things won’t be sufficient-you will need to be capable of delivering the entire package. Presentation skills, diplomacy, and the ability to influence senior management are essential if you are to thrive as an T and D Manager.
Reporting into the Senior HR Manager, key Responsibilities are as follows:
• Training and Development Manager is responsible for ensuring everyone is fully trained up and can do their job effectively.
• Identifying staff training and development needs, and for planning, organising, and overseeing appropriate training.
• Ensuring learning of new skills and development of existing skills.
• Will be responsible for improving the productivity of employees with others.
• Equips staff with the knowledge, practical skills, and motivation to carry out work related tasks.
• T and D. Manager will deliver the training themselves or arrange for a third-party trainer where required.
• Helps with ongoing, long-term improvement of employee skills, enabling them to fulfil their potential within the Company.
• Drawing up training plan
• Conduct annual training and development needs assessment.
• Producing materials required for training utilising a variety of media.
• Develops training and development programs and objectives.
• Trains and coaches Managers, Supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts.
• Develops and organises communications such as intranet bulletin boards and newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of employee training and development events.
• Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the company.
• Working with training providers to develop suitable content for the courses.
• Evaluate how successful training has been for individuals and the company.
• Involved in conducting staff appraisals and reviews to keep an eye on their progress.
• Review staff skills for all full time & agency employees
• Ensure that all staff members are following working procedures
• Prepare SOP sign off sheets for each new starter (Full time & Agency)
• Ensure staff are competent with their role – ensure this is signed off by their Supervisor.
• Conduct refresher training for all full-time staff
• Input all training information for each employee onto database
• File away all training records and new starter packs
• Archive files
• Update agency training sheets
• You will be extremely driven and passionate about training and development with a strong training track record in the food industry.
• Good motivator
• You will have an exceptional level of communication and outstanding organisational skills.
• Understanding of BRC and retail customer expectations is important
• IT skills
• Able to calmly react to unexpected business demands and able to achieve high standards.
• Ability to write reports and keep records.
• Strong training delivery skills are essential for this role.
• Reliable, flexible, adaptable and committed.
• Confident in your own ability to deliver training
• Good understanding of the English language, both spoken and written
Monday-Friday Office Hours
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.