Trainee Process Technologist
Job type: Permanent
We are looking for a self-motivated Graduate looking for their first big opportunity!
Our client is a world respected food manufacturer, working with foods such as ambient and dairy and they work with major UK retailers.
The role is 9am - 5pm with the need for flexibility due to factory trials.
Preferred but not essential is a 6-12 month placement where you have experience on the factory floor and factory trials.
• The Trainee Process Technologist is responsible to the Process & Specification Manager
• To work with the process team managing product trials within the set critical path, create raw material specifications and compile information required by our customers.
• Ensuring raw materials are ordered/ delivered in time for factory trials; carrying out factory trials; drawing up in-house specifications.
• Responsible for assisting the Process & Specifications Manager following products from NPD handover through to launch.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
o Attend internal handovers.
o In conjunction with the process team plan factory trials.
o Order raw materials.
o Organise sending samples for positive release where necessary.
o Carry out factory trials, ensuring that products are sent for shelf-life testing according to the required protocol, and send for nutritional testing where required. Fully document trials ensuring all information is filed and communicated internally.
o Carry out internal product testing throughout the shelf life.
o Assist in generating QAS documents.
o Assist in generating factory photo standards in preparation for launch.
o Work alongside the Food Safety & Due diligence Manger to assist in raw material specification approvals.
o Assist Process & Specification Manager in checking artwork.
o Review the standards of all raw materials going into the final product.
o Conduct regular organoleptic assessment sessions, ensuring start, middle and end of life are observed, and photographic standards are met.
o Liaise with the production team and quality team in generating both on - line and finished standards prior to being issued.
o Assist organising travel tests as necessary and fully document outcomes.
• Assist in setting the standards required for new products prior launch.
• Assist in organoleptic analysis for any new product development.
AND More ! You will also work alongside the quality teams.
• Basic Induction Training.
• QC attachment (approx. 2 weeks).
• Document Control training
• HACCP Foundation
• Basic Food Hygiene Training
• Basic Health & Safety Training
• Intermediate Food Hygiene – as appropriate
• Any other training specific to job description
• 28 days holiday (inc bank holidays)
• Sick pay
• Life insurance