Trading Controller (Procurement Strategy Lead) – Fresh and Chilled
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
This Clientis a dynamic and ambitious buying and marketing group, delivering expert foodservice solutions to their wholesalers.
With a turnover of over £550m across chilled, frozen ambient food and non-food categories, They work with branded suppliers and private label manufacturers to deliver market-leading foodservice ranges for our members.
We are looking for:
A skilled category buyer to join our trading team and work together with key stakeholders to deliver the buying plan for our member wholesalers, ensuring we meet our commercial targets.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you’ll develop and implement category plans using your influencing and analytical skills to negotiate costs and Trading Agreements with suppliers, whilst working with members to understand how you can support their growth.
As a Caterforce buyer you’ll need:
• At least 5 years buying experience gained in either a wholesale, foodservice or retail environment;
• Experience within the fresh and/or chilled categories;
• Proven negotiation skills;
• Strong communication and influencing skills; you’ll be dealing with a wide range of people at different levels of the business;
• Experience of developing and delivering category plans;
• Product development experience is preferred but not essential;
• To be an enthusiastic team player, working together to deliver joint objectives.
• Competitive salary, car allowance, phone allowance and annual incentive scheme;
• Pension and private health care scheme;
• Flexible working;
• Free on-site parking;
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, rising to 28 days within 3 years.