Our client has multiple sites around Scotland. The Food Industry is very fast paced, demanding, and constantly developing, therefore the people the company looks to join them must have a great personality and the drive to exceed the customers’ expectations.
A new vacancy has arisen to join the company’s busy team, the role available is a Technical Systems Manager and is situated in either the North or Central Belt of Scotland – a more specific location is available on the application. The Technical Systems Manager is responsible for maintaining and developing technical systems in order to comply with the company’s customer and legal food safety requirements. To manage supplier approvals and audits, to manage the Raw Material database as well as holding responsibility for HACCP, TACCP and VACCP.
• To manage and lead customer and third-party audits to maintain current audit scores.
• To manage all aspects of the site quality manual in line with customer and legislative requirements.
• Continuous improvement of site Technical processes and procedures.
• To manage the internal audit schedule based on risk assessment and accompanying reports, including corrective action.
• To lead the site HACCP team and maintain the systems within the HACCP plan.
• To continually develop the site TACCP and VACCP systems.
• To lead site audits and a participate in customer visits as required.
• To maintain site technical risk assessments.
• To manage the allergen and speciation plans.
• To continually develop the onsite traceability system.
• To manage the site pest control contract.
• Contributes to longer term technical strategy.
• Have the ability to liaise with the site management teams.
• Have extensive experience in HACCP, TACCP and VACCP systems.
• Ensure effective lines of communication are in place within the Technical Department.
• Pro-actively engage the Technical Management team with ideas for development.
• To have a food related degree or equivalent and to have experience in food processing.
• Retailer experience is essential, preferably with experience of several different retailers
• Effective leadership skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• A passion for delivering results and the drive to exceed expectations.
• A team player.
• Professional approach and attitude.
• Proactive Thinking & Focused on Results.
Hours of Work:
• Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.
Other Relevant Information:
• Full driving license, travel between both sites essential.
• There will be a requirement for the post holder to be flexible with their working hours to fit with the needs of the business.
What’s on offer?
• The opportunity to take on a role that is highly visible in a market leading company.
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity, then please get in touch with Craig Russell ASAP. Contact me on 0131 226 5060.