My client is a global leader for the food manufacturing sector. We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Technical Services Officer to join our well established and dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in the food safety/quality and legality sector and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
The main remit will be to support the Technical Services Manager in delivering professional, credible and timely service to the business and our customers in respect of managing internal and external systems, records and documents to ensure the maintenance and continuous improvement of standards.
In this role your key responsibilities will include:
• Creating and maintaining up-to-date Customer Specifications in various 3rd party systems, ensuring they are accurate and available, both in customer systems and our own internal systems.
• All aspects of Document Control for the Technical function (and all related departments) within the business.
• Audit Compliance – assisting the Technical Services Manager as required.
• Timely administration and maintenance of the Raw Material Database including Service Suppliers ensuring integrity & accuracy.
• Creating and maintaining up to date records in the Quality Attributes System.
• Receipt and administration of Consumer Complaints; as well as maintaining and reporting management information to monitor trends, identify and address recurring issues on a regular basis.
• Maintaining product testing database and various schedules including nutritional, chemical and other contaminants and preparing results for the review and approval by Technical Services Manager.
• Closely liaising with several other departments in order to fulfil the role.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
• Experience in specification writing in different customer systems. Preferably Igloo, Ashbury Click, Evolve, TQC and Wave.
• Excellent knowledge and significant experience of relevant IT systems including MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point).
• Fast and accurate typing skills with a high level of attention to detail.
• Demonstrable track record of delivering a high standard of work to deadlines & ability to work under pressure.
• Good communication both verbal and written.
• Take ownership and accountability to achieve the required standards with positive demeanour and can do attitude.
• Internal Auditor training and experience.
• Desirably a third-level qualification (diploma or degree) in Food Science or relevant subject would be advantageous.
• A good understanding of legislation and business systems to ensure food safety for the consumer is met at all times.
• Experience in a similar role gained in food manufacturing (FMCG an advantage) preferably with a major retail customer would be advantageous.
What’s of offer?
A starting salary in the region of £27,000 – £31,000
Business bonus and pension.
Occupational Health Support.
Training/Development and potential progression opportunities.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.
Due to the high number of applications, if you have not been contacted within the first 5 days your application has not been suitable.