Technical Services Manager, Scotland
Job type: Permanent
We are seeking a dynamic, hard worker whose main remit will be to support the Technical Services Manager in delivering professional, credible and timely service to the business and our customers in respect of managing internal and external systems, records and documents to ensure the maintenance and continuous improvement of standards.
• Creating and maintaining up-to-date Customer Specifications, ensuring they are accurate and available, both in customer systems and our own internal systems.
• All aspects of Document Control for the Technical function (and all related departments) within the business.
• Audit Compliance – assist the Technical Services Manager and Technical Manager to ensure audits are carried out and non-compliances are closed out.
• Carrying out internal audits of Quality Management Systems and Customer Code of Practises timely and accurately.
• Administration and maintenance of the Raw Material Database including Service Suppliers; ensuring integrity, accuracy and that it is up to date by regularly communicating with Suppliers and preparation of all required documentation for Supplier Approval by Technical Services Manager or Technical Manager.
• Receipt and administration of Consumer Complaints; as well as maintaining and reporting management information to monitor trends, identify and address recurring issues on a regular basis.
• Creating and maintaining up to date records in the Quality Attributes System.
• Maintaining product testing database and preparing results for approval by Technical Services Manager.
• Closely liaising with other departments in order to fulfil the role.
• Third-level qualification (diploma or degree) in Food Science or relevant subject would be advantageous
• Working knowledge of HACCP/TACCP/VACCP.
• A thorough understanding of legislation and business systems to ensure Food Safety for the consumer is met at all times.
• Experience in a similar role gained in food manufacturing (FMCG an advantage) preferably with a major retail customer would be advantageous.
• Internal Auditor training and experience.
• Good communication skills.
• Excellent knowledge of relevant IT systems including MS Office.
• Demonstrable track record of delivering a high standard of work to deadlines. Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What's on offer:
• Very attractive salary + benefits.
• Flexibility around start/finish times.
• Genuine progression opportunities.