I am currently recruiting for a Factory Technical Manager for my client who is a well-established Food Manufacturer based in East Yorkshire. My client are looking for a forward thinking individual committed to continuous improvement.
• Provide management, direction and development for the team; ensure they are motivated, managing their workload, hitting deadlines and have the tools to complete tasks
• Ensure that all objectives and procedures detailed within the Quality Manual System are met and are compliant to manufacturing standards, BRC Global Standard for Food Safety and Retailer Codes of Practices.
• Ensure corrective actions, root cause analysis, and preventative actions are agreed with the appropriate area managers / supervisors and actioned within the agreed timescale.
• Develop expertise across the site regarding QA and Compliance processes and constraints, to continuously improve food safety, legality and quality compliance across the site.
• Drive the Food Safety Culture and KPI performance of the site.
• Co-chair the site HACCP team with the Site Technical Manager
• Participate in the Artwork approval process for all retailer and own brand packaging
• Attend, and where appropriate, lead 3rd Party and Customer visits and to ensure that the site is prepared for all known visits and audit ready every day
• Drive improvements by working with the Operations and Technical team to reduce complaints and other non-conformances.
• Deputise the Technical Manager in their absence at site, divisional, and customer meetings, and to produce KPI data where applicable.
• Complete, where necessary, any appropriate internal audit as directed by the Technical Manager
• Assist in the management of the retail specification requirements for the site, with the Technical Assistant, Technical Manager and to ensure that specifications are correct and to the appropriate standard.
• Formal qualification in food science/technology. Minimum HNC and ideally degree level.
• Strong understanding of food manufacturing requirements in line with BRC and retail clients
• Track record of leading and influencing change processes and compliance
• Strong knowledge and understand of food safety
• Computer literate
• Experience of working in a Senior QA, food technical or Compliance role.
What’s on Offer?
• A salary of circa £50,000 + car allowance
• 33 days holidays (inc bank holidays)
• Mon – Friday office hours
• Private Health Care
• Bonus Scheme