Technical Manager, East Scotland
Location: East Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a specialist supplier of high-grade fresh produce for the Fresh and processed markets within the UK.
An exciting opportunity has been created for a Technical Manager. The position will be based from the East of Scotland. This challenging and rewarding role requires a responsible individual with commercial experience and knowledge of the fresh produce industry.
The ideal candidate will have experience of the sector and will be well versed in internal audit, food hygiene, HACCP, BRC, Sedex and customer relationship management.
• Customer engagement regarding all technical matters, including hosting site visits and audits.
• Lead role in creating, establishing and overseeing technical policies for food security.
• Implementing our technical policies across the company.
• Ensuring all products, systems and procedures are compliant with customers’ codes of practice and specifications.
• Ensuring customer specifications are accurate and up to date.
• Engagement with external sources to maintain knowledge and encourage continual development.
• Food manufacturing background in chilled fresh produce
• Technical management experience, including BRC, customer audits and internal auditing
• HACCP/Food safety & hygiene qualifications
• A can do attitude that is willing to work flexibly, make clear decisions quickly and under pressure.
• Good IT skills
What’s on offer
• Working hours are Monday to Friday 07.00 – 16.00, with flexibility for business demands.
• A starting salary commensurate with the position.
• 29 days annual leave
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate experience in a similar technical role within the food industry.
If you are interested in this position please send a copy of your most recent CV to Simon Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01312265060.