Technical Manager, East England
Location: East England
Job type: Permanent
Our client has earned a place as a market leader from a strong combination of tradition and innovation. For years this Food Manufacturer has supplied into an impressive range of customers. It is also important to stress this business has been very resilient to the COVID Climate and the popularity of products shows no signs of diminishing! With a very low turnover of staff and a real emphasis on people development, now a fantastic opportunity arises to join this successful outfit...
Reporting into the Site General Manager with 12 Direct reports, job purpose will be as follows:
The core focus of this role is to set and deliver the dual site technical strategy, driving a quality assurance culture through the site and the wider business.
You will be supporting the manufacturing teams in delivering the product strategy and ensuring there is robust and sustainable improvement plans to deliver the quality and food safety strategy year on year. Your key accountability will be technical and quality but you will play a significant part across the scorecard, driving the sites into high performance across safety, quality, performance, cost and people. In addition you will lead the quality team, setting the standards on food safety, GMP, quality management system compliance and hygiene whilst maintaining cost control.
• Lead the Technical and Quality Function to ensure they are engaged and high performing with a focus on problem solving and team work. Build trust through effective leadership and the skilled application of people management processes.
• Develop a strategy and coordinate resources to implement the quality and food safety requirements of a leading branded company.
• Educate and provide expert technical knowledge to the manufacturing and management teams.
• Ensure any new products, processes and people continue to meet the quality and technical compliance specifications.
• Ensure there are improvement plans in place, delivering year on year benefits in the areas of customer complaints, Good Manufacturing Practices, hygiene and factory standards, manufacturing compliance, process and packing improvements and technical standards of the two sites.
• Provide sound technical input to the business and play an active role in strategic decision making to ensure the safe production of food to protect consumers.
• Ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements on a day to day basis, guiding them through the development, testing and implementation stages of quality improvement initiatives.
• Overseeing Quality Management System Audits from the central technical function, third party bodies and stakeholders.
• Accountable for Non Conformance and Incident management including the tracking, root cause analysis and completion of the appropriate corrective actions.
• Accountable for reducing repeat offending non-compliance and incidents within manufacturing.
• Escalating non routine issues through the crisis management system.
• Analyse data, interpret & report as requested (external lab analysis, NPD data, stability data, metrics and scorecards).
• Management of complex technical projects (including budget and costing).
• Forecasting, budgeting and reporting on the Technical Budget for Operations.
Top Priorities/ Challenges
• Driving a culture of continuous improvement with a well-established team
• Driving change with the teams to establish a culture of high performance within technical and quality
• Expert technical knowledge to educate the teams to perform at their best
• Managing change and making sure a seamless transition to anything new - product, recipe, standard, process and projects
• Driving root cause analysis to reduce the non-conformance and incidents within manufacturing operations
You will have a proven track record either at the TM level or you will be a very strong Quality Manager. You may come from any food background but you must have previous knowledge of allergens. You will have excellent leadership skills coupled with real determination to promote a culture of manufacturing excellence.
MON-FRI Office Hours
25 + 8 Days Holiday
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.