Our client is a very successful Food Business importing and exporting a wide array of products. This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader where career progression prospects are excellent…
To work with and support the Senior Technical Advisor in ensuring Food Safety compliance within the business. To make sure that the company complies with the relevant regulations relating to the production, storage and distribution of products. To deputise in the Senior Technical Advisor’s absence.
• Under direction of Senior Technical Advisor provide support and guidance to ensure Food Safety and Product labelling compliance in accordance with regulations, customer and business requirements.
• Efficiently handle and manage all customer complaints liaising with suppliers and customers.
• Make warehouse internal inspections
• To assist with technical training of relevant staff ensuring full understanding of all Food Safety, Quality and Legal requirements and Internal Processes and Procedures.
• To assist with implementation and maintenance of the BRC accreditation.
• To assist with the management and auditing of the HACCP process.
• To carry out internal and external supplier audits, where necessary.
• Work closely with warehouse to ensure highest possible standards of hygiene and food safety procedures are followed.
• Work closely with Marketing to ensure that all product labels and artwork are compliant with existing legislation. Ensure externally supplied products are relabelled to comply with UK standards.
• Be responsible for all stickers to relabel all products correctly according to internal procedures and external guidance.
• Collate Packaging Data for internal and external data reporting on internal sheets as well as external reporting platforms.
• Assist on ensuring data and compliance for Plastic Packaging Tax.
• Assist Senior Technical Advisor on critical projects and be able to manage and prioritise.
• Action customer requests related to product details in a timely manner.
• Collaboratively work with suppliers to ensure Product Specifications are completed and assist where necessary.
• To assist with Artwork Approval Process from start to finish.
• Work cross functionally with other departments Marketing, Purchasing, Warehouse on tasks and projects.
• Represent and work from a Technical perspective on NPD
• Assisting on projects for own label brands, managed brands and private label.
• To provide assistance to the Senior Technical Advisor with administrative support, keep and maintain technical records.
• To undertake any other duties as appropriate within their competence as required by their line manager.
You will have a Food related Degree coupled with experience of UK Labelling Compliance. 1 year's experience or more in a similar role would be desirable as would previous experience of working to BRC and HACCP standards. The Company can offer excellent progression prospects for the right candidate.
Monday- Friday Office Hours
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.