Supply Chain - FMCG, East England
Location: East England
Job type: Permanent
Job Title – Inbound Freight Specialist
Salary - £35,000 - £40,000
Are you an experienced Inbound Freight specialist who is confident monitoring the inbound flow of products? This prominent retail company work closely with their supply chain partners.
- Had exposure to global supply chains (ideally within the retail sector, but not essential)
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to add partners (freight forwarders, carriers and leverage their capability to drive value across the supply chain.
- Had exposure monitoring vendor compliance and performance, as well as driving improvement in behaviour.
- Experienced conducting root cause analysis, then report findings.
- Manage the flow of product and information (with a strong focus on milestones and timeless of actions) from garment ex-factory through to delivery to DC.
- Work closely with freight forwarders and carriers.
- Maintain and drive improvement across all associated IT systems, used for order visibility and for measuring necessary aspects of supply chain performance.
- Gather business intelligence of current and emerging freight forwarding solutions, from this information present ideas around optimisation and process improvement to the inbound team and wider business.
- Maintain a good relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
If this role is of interest to you, then please apply and Hamish will give you a call to run through your application in more detail!