Our client is a successful and well-established Food Business and a market leader. A combination of tradition and innovation have served this progressive company well. It is also important to stress that this Company has been very resilient to the COVID climate and the popularity of their products has shown no sign of diminishing…
This role is primarily responsible for all technical activities associated to the Company own label and exclusive brands product portfolio and subsequent management of the suppliers.
An integral member of the group commercial category teams providing technical support and direction during development of own label and exclusive brand products from concept through to launch, ensuring new products are launched on time with the appropriate accurate technical information maintained for all products with ongoing supplier performance monitoring.
As a member of the wider technical services team you will be required to provide support, advice to maintain the Food Safety, Legality, Quality, Sustainability – (Due Diligence) of the Company product portfolio through interdepartmental, external supplier, trade body and customer liaison.
• Visits to Company own label product supplier sites to ensure compliance to Company policies as positioned in the Company supplier technical manual. Flexibility required for this.
• Customer and 3rd party (professional & trade bodies) liaison, interaction and support.
• Analyse microbiological and analytical results of own brand products, assess where action needs to be taken, follow through corrective action plans.
• Attend any ‘Product Evaluation’ sessions of own brand products. Analysis of results and investigation with relevant suppliers where appropriate when products do not meet the approved product specification or when fail when compared to a specific benchmark.
• Working within a category team, support product improvements and new product development – attend regular category team meetings.
• Review product specifications, artwork, marketing collateral and other technical or non-technical documents and where required to ensure legislative adherence.
• Support the wider technical services team, resolve customer complaint issues and trends.
• Act as ‘front line’ when dealing with, emerging industry issues, critical product issues, both in and out of hours if required.
You will have a proven track record auditing suppliers within the Food industry. Ideally you will hold a Food Science or Technology related Degree. You will hold excellent communication skills and you will have a full UK Driving License. Previous people management experience is not necessary.
Travel will vary but on average is likely to be a couple of days every 2 weeks. 99% of travel is UK based.
Mon-Fri Office hours, 2-3 days working from home.
Pension, 25 days Holiday pa, Personal Accident Scheme, Employee Discounts, Free Parking, Health & Wellbeing Benefits, £6,750 Car Allowance
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.