Specifications Technologist, East Midlands
Location: East Midlands
Job type: Permanent
I am currently recruiting an experienced Specification Technologist for my client who is a well-established Food Manufacturer based in Nottinghamshire.
• To complete and manage customer specifications to ensure they are correct and updated when required
• To monitor and highlight any actions/alerts/audits that are posted on customers web portals, ensuring all tasks are actioned and closed within deadlines given
• To ensure product nutrition samples are sent within timescales to submit specifications
• To complete artwork sign off checks against business documentation to ensure artwork is legal and contains all the correct information
• Ensure food and labelling law is known and reviewed so effective communication and advice can be given to the business when required as well as
• To assist in customer or third part visits and audits
• To review, sign off and manage the raw material specifications system to ensure our raw materials all meet customer and legal requirements and are reviewed/updated within the required timeframe
• Ensure customer specific policies and Codes of Practice are communicated to all manufacturing sites as well as keeping log of their acknowledgement and compliance to the standards
• To ensure relevant approved information, for example specifications, approved artwork and QAS’s, are communicated to manufacturing sites prior to products being produced or as soon as possible after amend.
• To collect and respond to requests for information relating to raw materials
• Assist in other technical function tasks as required
• Experience with raw material specifications and obtaining information from suppliers
• Exposure in Artwork approval
• Experience of writing Product Specifications on Retailer Online Portals e.g. Hive, Evolve, TQC, WPP, MCreate, Aldi Evision
• Understanding of HACCP principles, nutrition information and food law legal labelling
What’s on Offer?
• A salary of up to £32,000
• Company benefits
If the above role could be of interest and you would like further information please call Jamie Clayton at DR Newitt Recruitment on 0131 226 5060