Beauty & Cosmetics - Packaging, South East England
Sector: Cosmetics/Personal Care
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
Packaging Technologist – Health & Beauty
I’m currently working with a fantastic business who supply beauty products and gifting sets into Debenhams Asos, Boots, Superdrug, Primark and are one of only two businesses that have co-branded products in the Disney shops.
They’re a fast growing business having grown 60% in the past 12 months and are expected to grow by a further 80% in the current financial year. As a result, there will be great development opportunities for those wanting to develop their career.
You will be the “go to” person and responsible for the development of all primary and secondary packaging in line with business requirements and timings to ensure the highest level of innovation, quality and commercial benefit for their products. This is a fully autonomous role that sits within the NPD team.
• Liaise with the NPD/Marketing team to ensure you have a full understanding of the briefs and support as required to meet product criteria
• Evaluate designs to ensure that what is presented can be produced. Highlight tooling and decoration limitations and advise alternatives/amendments.
• Approve drawings & artworks; compile & issue component & finished good specifications
• Ensure defined quality and standards are agreed on new projects.
• Ensure that the packaging development & testing processes are clearly defined, documented and well understand to be able to meet business needs
• Establish and maintain good relationships with suppliers and keep abreast of new packaging technologies, techniques and finishes which may provide new / superior commercial or consumer benefits and /or drive production efficiencies
Knowledge & Experience
• Previous experience and a good understanding of health and beauty and gifting packaging would be an advantage, but is not essential
• Demonstrates a competent level of knowledge of the technologies used by suppliers in the manufacture of components.
• Demonstrates a competent level of knowledge of all printing processes used within the industry.
• A good understanding of technical drawings and basic tool manufacture across a number of industries.
• Logical, pragmatic & process driven.
This is a new role and a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to advance their career with an established brand with an excellent reputation.
The basic salary for the role is £35,000 - £45,000 and the role comes with 25 days holiday + 8 bank.
Packaging Technologist, Packaging Specialist, Packaging Technician, Packaging Technologist