Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Our client, a well-established Chilled Food Manufacturer based in the Greater Manchester area, are looking to appoint a Technical Manager. The successful individual would be responsible for the site technical function of a business with operations up and down the country.
The purpose of the role is to effectively direct the work of the Technical Department and ensure effective technical function on the site is developed and maintained. Reporting in to the Technical Director the responsibilities would include:
• Ensuring Company Quality and Food Safety Systems meet all quality, safety and legal requirements.
• Effectively influence the decisions of Operations Management regarding issues pertaining to compliance and quality standards.
• Updating and implementing changes to the Factory QMS and liaising with all relevant parties to ensure training and adherence are maintained.
• To work alongside customers to resolve any complaints or problems pertaining to product quality or safety.
• Deputise the Technical Director as necessary.
Candidate requirements include:
• Degree or equivalent in a Food Science related discipline
• Several years’ experience working within Food Manufacturing; specific chilled experience would be advantageous
• Level 3 Qualifications in HACCP and Food Safety
• Good management skills
• IT literate
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Sean Perry on 0161 833 0181.