Hygiene Supervisor, South Wales
Location: South Wales
Job type: Permanent
An opportunity has arisen to join a major business and UK industry leader as Hygiene Supervisor. This is a chance to gain experience managing a large team and coordinating the hygiene function a range of customer, legal and audit requirements.
• Aid Hygiene Manager in all aspects of the Hygiene function to ensure full compliance of customer and legal compliance.
• Ensure the safe practice of all operations during the shift; this includes the use of personal protective equipment and chemicals by all staff.
• Ensure safe and cost effective management of all cleaning chemicals used on site in line with COSHH legislation
• The highest quality and food safety standards are embedded through the factory, and standards of hygiene and good housekeeping are maintained (GMP).
• Ensuring all staff clean following standard operating procedures and working practice to ensure continuous improvement throughout the hygiene system.
• Manage and motivate a team of hygiene personnel, make sure they are appraised and trained to the appropriate standard.
• Ensure the clean is effective against all cross contamination including Meat, Micro, Allergen, Chemical and Speciation.
• To effectively plan and control staff movements in order to meet cleaning schedules and frequencies.
• Positive release of production areas to include auditing and swabbing.
• Ensure shift audits are carried out at the required frequency and necessary action taken.
• Ensure full due diligence of all hygiene documentation.
• Ensure full support and coaching is given to other departments during scheduled weekly deep cleans.
• To monitor chemicals used by the hygiene team and ensure correct handling, use and dilutions. Ensure cleaning equipment is safe in operation and of sound condition.
• Coach and motivate the team whenever required to do so.
• Communicate with all departments across site / shifts to ensure issues are fully visible.
• Strive to recognise areas of hygiene to continuously improve.
• Control all chemical stock including rotation and lean control.
• Any and all duties for effective turnaround of the daily clean to ensure production can start on time.
• Experience in a related area, or other manufacturing role.
• Good communication skills are essential.
• Good numeracy and literacy skills.
• Intermediate food hygiene qualifications.
• Good knowledge of the food production industry.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Sean Perry on 0161 833 0181.