Senior Protein Technologist
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
We have a fantastic opportunity for an individual, with key experience in the protein category, to join a major UK business in a Senior Technical capacity. You would join the team to develop in a fast paced environment, safeguarding the quality of products through the management of the supply base and by ensuring compliance to food safety and legal standards.
The role involves supplier approval, attendance at first production runs and ensuring that suppliers comply with policy, as well as working with our buyers and our NPD team to drive innovation and continuous product improvement. You would also oversee a small team of Technologists within the protein category.
• Coordinating interdepartmental function alongside Procurement Division
• Conducting supplier approval of supply base across the UK and Europe.
• Supporting the NPD division with all first productions runs and operating as the key technical consult on any pertinent issues.
• Managing a small team.
• Maintaining, developing and implementing key strategies to support the technical function.
Experience and skills:
• A background in high risk/protein food manufacturing.
• Experienced auditor with in-depth knowledge of BRC Global Standards for Food Safety.
• At least 3 years’ experience working in a management position.
• Strong technical core principles, with a commercial outlook
• Ability to both work alone and as part of a team
• Desire to travel
• Can do attitude and a solutions-focus
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Sean Perry on 0161 833 0181.