Distribution/Warehouse manager, Central Scotland
Sector: Supply Chain
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a privately-owned Food processing business who is currently experiencing rapid growth. An opportunity to join them has become vacant for an Online Order Fulfilment Manager.
The main purpose of the role is to help organise, manage, and mentor their small, but growing, fulfilment team. Handling over 400 products, and over 8 tons of sales per week.
You will deliver inspiring, supportive leadership, while rolling up your sleeves with the rest of the team, ensuring the fulfilment operation is an agile, well-coordinated, safe, collaborative and productive unit.
Working alongside senior management, you will strive to continuously improve, through innovative ideas, training and technology, allowing them to continue to provide their customers with exceptional quality and value, while supporting our continued growth.
You will be a manager who solves problems, embraces rapid change, and growth, encourages a creative, experimental mindset and inspires team members to develop their knowledge and skills. Leading by example you will ensure the company values are upheld, providing a fair, safe, positive, productive, working environment.
What you’ll be responsible for...
• Encourage leadership at all levels, experienced at motivating and developing a team of 10 or more.
• Manage the day to day running of the fulfilment facility.
• Define and ensure continuous fulfilment delivery goals, driven by customer value, are implemented and communicated through visual planning, effective organisation, and training,
• Completing and maintaining records relating to food safety and HACCP
• Ensuring quality standards are maintained to required levels
• Ensure that all products arriving at site meet with our quality standards
• Ensuring Health & Safety process and requirements are complied with
• Champion Continuous Improvement
• Maintain a creative, collaborative culture that enables all employees to participate and co-create new and improved processes.
What we are looking for in you...
• Proven ability in managing teams of 10+ staff in a fulfilment environment.
• Maintain Health and Safety standards within your remit area, while promoting and inspiring a culture of safety on-site. H&S training or demonstrable experience of assessing and managing risk and safety is preferable.
• Possess a grasp of Kaizen, Kanban and Lean methodologies and related techniques.
• Constantly looking to improve quality, reduce errors and damages, with improvements in process, packing, and packaging materials & equipment.
• Work closely with other teams in the company, optimising the limited space while we seek a larger unit.
• Assist with smooth transition to a larger fulfilment premises, once secured.
• Review performance
• Identify training needs.
• Have experience with stock management, and dispatch fulfilment software, spreadsheets, SharePoint, and other collaborative tools.
• Ideally be educated to degree level
• Any food training experience such as HACCP, Organics is highly desirable.
• Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to plan, organise and problem solve.
• Ensure the 2 company vans transporting goods from our production facility are maintained appropriately and handle the goods in transfers from these vehicles.
• A strong teamwork ethic.
What’s in it for you?…
• Be part of a young expanding company with great ambition.
• Joining a motivated, agile, and ambitious team that believes in fairness. For example, we are a Real Living Wage Employer (a rarity in the food industry). We avoid traditional hierarchies, encourage leadership at all levels, and give every team member a voice.
• Be part of an environment that believes continuous improvement should be part of the company DNA, rather than a management catch phrase.
• Part of a company that encourages continuous learning, and personal development.
• Regular week day hours.
• An attractive renumeration package.
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Simon Norris at email@example.com.
Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.