Sector: New Product Development
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client, a food manufacturing business is currently seeking a Process Technologist.
As a Process Technologist, you will work directly with the NPD, Engineering, Operations and Commercial teams to contribute to the creation of new products.
A business that has experienced significant positive change recently and predicted future growth, this is a great time to part of the next chapter of their story.
• Devising and implementing the industrial process to ensure that products developed by the New Product Development department can be produced at factory level on a multi-site scale-up basis.
• Ensuring that all technical, food safety and product specifications meet company, customer and legal requirements.
• Assessing existing factory equipment and process suitability.
• Leading on new manufacturing equipment selection.
• Designing and running line trials and assessing the results of these, making improvements where necessary and ensuring production operators are able to run the process.
• A Degree or foundation in Food Technology or a relevant Science or applied Science subject.
• Previous demonstrated experience in the food industry in an NPD / Development / Manufacturing position.
• Understanding of HACCP.
• Experience in gathering and agreeing on technical standards, demonstrating knowledge of regulatory requirements for food safety and labelling.
• Project management experience.
• Experience of problem-solving and working to tight deadlines.
• Good written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
• Good project management and organisational skills.
• Creative and Innovative in the generation of ideas and approaches.
• Able to deal with statistical analysis, recipe, and process related calculations.
What’s on offer?
• Starting salary of up to £35,000 D.O.E.
• Enrolment pension
• 28 Days Annual Leave
• Working hours of Monday to Friday 08.30 - 17.00, (flexibility for business demands)
If you are interested in this position please forward an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Simon Norris on 0131 226 5060.