Agronomist, East Scotland
Location: East Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a global company, a specialist developer and supplier of high-grade fresh produce for the Fresh and processed markets within the UK and select export markets.
An exciting opportunity exists for an Agronomist. The position will be based from the East of Scotland. This challenging and rewarding role requires a responsible individual with commercial experience and knowledge of the fresh produce industry.
• Maintaining and building a good relationship with customers and growers.
• Annually negotiate seed contracts with established and new registered growers.
• Working with colleagues to expand the market share of business varieties in the market.
• Procure co-product potatoes weekly for supply to partner customer.
• Build an agronomy hub in conjunction with colleagues that promotes knowledge transfer and best practice which contributes to the marketing strategy.
• Plan and organise agronomy focus meetings with key customers their growers and business seed growers regionally.
• Manage annual produce assurance audits, Red Tractor, Safe Haven, Soil Association (Organic).
• Actively participate and provide leadership in all aspects of Health and Safety as it affects the business.
• Be an effective communicator internally and externally with all segments of the industry.
• Previous agronomy experience – candidates from arable farm management/trials and crop protection backgrounds will all be considered.
• Candidates will have a relevant HND or Degree in Agriculture, Science, or similar.
• BASIS and FACTS ideally desired.
• Experience in procurement and logistics gained from an agricultural or industry supply chain background.
• Have the confidence and ability to build relationships with colleagues and customers. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Capable of identifying business opportunities and being aware of the most recent developments in the market.
• Possess a solution-oriented approach to operational challenges.
• Full driving licence is essential.
• Computer literate
What’s on offer?
• A competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
• Business and Performance related bonus scheme.
• Company car.
• Private pension.
• Health insurance.
• Mobile phone & Laptop.
• 25 days annual leave + 8 Statutory holidays.
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Simon Norris at email@example.com. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.