Site Manager, Central Scotland
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
We’re currently working with a fantastic business a leading food manufacturing business that operates worldwide.
This is an exciting role as Site Manager in one of the businesses leading sites. The role requires someone who has excellent leadership style with a strong track record in leading and empowering teams within a manufacturing environment. The site manager is responsible for compliance with safety, environmental and quality standards on site. Delivering excellent customer service, while optimising the operating costs of the site. This involves the co-ordination of all the functional teams on site and ensuring a culture of continuous improvement across all activities on site. Reporting into the regional operations team the site manager needs to work with the business teams to develop and implement a long-term plan for the site.
• Safety leadership and management of the site safety systems
• Compliance with environmental standards
• Food safety standards compliance
• Meeting customer quality expectations
• Managing site operating budgets
• Developing and delivering the site capital plan
• Continuous improvement of processes and working practices
• Developing a long-term plan for the site
• Developing the capability of the people on site and the site organisation
• Minimum 10 years’ experience working in a food, beverage, pharmaceutical or large-scale biotechnology leadership role.
• Degree or equivalent in a process related engineering or scientific discipline
• Background in working with large scale liquid processing and related technologies
• Experience with microbiological systems
• A detailed understanding of key areas of food safety e.g. HACCP
• Proficient in budget management
• Project management and continuous improvement experience
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Experience of managing large teams including technical specialists
What’s on offer?
• A basic salary commensurate with this position.
• Above-inflation Pension.
• Private Medical Insurance.
• Relocation supported (if necessary)
• Performance and business-related bonus
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Simon Norris at email@example.com. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.