Location: East Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a privately owned Food Manufacturer and retailer based in Perthshire. They are a multi-award winning business.
They are a customer led business where quality, customer service, high standards, consistency, and reliability are not just words. They are the backbone of the business.
We are looking for an organised and tenacious individual, who can bring his/her experience to a Production Manager position, within a leading food manufacturing environment.
This is a front-line role that requires a dynamic and committed person to help drive the production process.
• Lead and manage people to ensure that the customers’ orders are fulfilled and dispatched within strict deadlines.
• Ensure that stock levels are organised and readied for operational use.
• Trouble-shoot and problem solve day-to-day operational/manufacturing issues, which include machine downtime, stock issues, packaging complications and staff challenges.
• Contribute to the development of new products (NPD), working with the Production Director, Sales & Marketing, Purchasing and other key colleagues/stakeholders.
• Play a leading role in delivery of projects to improve performance and increase productivity/efficiency.
• Contribute and support all production planning initiatives.
• Ensure that systems and documentation are maintained in compliance with the company standards and, where applicable, external standard.
• Support, motivate, and develop individual and team performance.
• Ideally, degree educated or to have worked in a relevant FMCG operational management position previously.
• Strong interpersonal skills - specifically effective communication & influencing skills.
• Effective people and process management skills with a strong focus on results and the ability to take the team with you.
• Able to work to high standards of professional and personal integrity.
• Project management skills, planning & organising.
• A flair for innovation & improvement.
• Analysis and problem-solving skills supported by intermediate level Excel, Word & Outlook.
• Delegates, empowers and motivates people to achieve goals.
What’s on offer
• Competitive basic salary.
• Auto-enrolment pension.
• Real opportunity for progression.
If you are currently working within a similar role, or are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Simon Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the position further please call me on 0131 226 5060.