Food Labelling & Specifications Technologist
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful FMCG who are growing, dynamic with an exciting branded product range supplying to the foodservice industry.
They are seeking to hire a Food Labelling & Specifications Technologist to support their Technical team.
Working with the Process Improvement Manager who is involved in updating of the labeler and IT traceability system on the factory floor. This is an exciting new role that will allow the candidate to gain knowledge on the new labelling and traceability that is currently available on the market. Training would be given.
• Maintain and review product recipes, specifications and labelling.
• Create and maintain finished product specifications for issue to customers, also completion of customer’s online specification systems.
• Participation in technical audits and traceability exercises.
• Actively involved in Fabrication and GMP audits on a weekly basis.
• Complete internal audits when scheduled.
• Create corrective actions on the results of the audits.
• Review allergen risk assessment on product produced in-house.
• Maintain and review databases on products, allergens and shelf lives and ensure labelling information is up to date in system.
• Carry out other additional work when required in the technical team
• Degree Qualification in Food Science would be preferable but is not essential
• Good communication skills
• Strong team player
• Strong IT skills especially in word, excel and databases. Requires an analytical mind with an eye for detail and accuracy.
• Own transport is required, due to our location
What’s on offer?
• Offering a starting salary of up to £24,000
• Working hours of Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
• Government pension
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Simon Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.