Food Labelling Technologist, Central Scotland
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful FMCG who are growing, dynamic with an exciting branded product range supplying to the foodservice industry.
They are seeking to hire a Food Technologist to support their Technical team.
• Approval of raw material Suppliers and Product specifications.
• Liaising with suppliers to ensure that all technical information is kept up-to-date across the business including nutritional, allergen and ingredients declarations.
• Create and maintain product information databases.
• Create and maintain finished product specifications for issue to customers, also completion of customer’s online specification systems.
• Collate and check all paperwork relating to daily factory quality systems.
• Carry out customer complaint investigations.
• Participation in technical audits and traceability exercises.
• Participation in product labelling and packaging requirements.
• Involved in organising organoleptic testing when required.
• Actively involved in Fabrication and GMP audits on a weekly basis.
• Completing Glass Audits monthly.
• Updating labelling when required.
• Create corrective actions on the results of the audits.
• When required help the hygiene manager with swabbing gluten, ATP, traditional and listeria.
• When required help the technical assistant collate micro samples and results.
• Carry out other additional work when required in the technical team.
• Degree Qualification in Food Science
• 3 years’ experience or more in a Technical role within the food industry
• Good communication skills
• Strong team player
• Own transport is required, due to our location
What’s on offer?
• Offering a starting salary of up to £25,000
• Working hours of Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
• Government pension
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Simon Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.