Hygiene Specialist (Manager)
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
My client, a leading manufacturer of house-hold brands, we are working in partnership with them to recruit a Hygiene Specialist (Manager). This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an inspirational brand and highly successful brand.
The main purpose of the role is to support the business in ensuring full compliance with hygiene standards throughout group manufacturing sites.
Working with site leadership teams in a partnership approach is required and the focus is on,
coaching, training and developing your stakeholders to ensure on-going and robust hygiene
In addition, to lead hygiene audits and related investigations and improvements to ensure industry
• To set group and site hygiene standards in conjunction with the key business stakeholders and ensure compliance with hygiene and GMP requirements across the group.
• To drive improvement in hygiene standards across manufacturing sites.
• To lead and conduct hygiene and microbiology related, investigations and troubleshooting for the business in conjunction with contractors, the site and R&D teams.
• To troubleshoot, investigate and identify root cause of hygiene issues. Develop and work with site to implement appropriate corrective actions.
• To play a proactive role in improving product hygiene standards through training, support, development of appropriate process controls, toolbox talks, and proactive engagement of employees across all areas at site.
• To collate and publish Hygiene Performance Reports and results at appropriate Management and functional meetings. Contribute and lead where appropriate to drive actions to address any performance issues.
• To provide proactive support for induction training programs, integration awareness sessions, and equivalent workshops designed to improve hygiene.
• To Implement and train out all changes to CIP, hygiene and related standards across the group.
• To lead and drive compliance of hygiene audits and standards across the group.
• Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline with 3 years minimum management experience.
• Experience working within an FMCG environment, Dairy or Drinks manufacturing very advantageous.
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to influence teams to reach strategic goals
• In depth knowledge and understanding of CIP, COP, general hygiene industry standards, microbiology with regard to hygiene.
• Understanding of the relevant statutory regulations relating to hygiene and food safety.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and related applications.
What’s on offer
• A salary commensurate with the level of experience for this position.
• Private contributory pension.
• Company performance related bonus scheme.
• Health Cover package.
• Various other employee benefits.
• Working hours of Monday to Friday day shift.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Simon Norris on 0131 226 5060.