Quality Improvement Manager
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Our client, a Food & Drink manufacturer with an excellent reputation and international commercial distribution, who are located in Cumbria is currently seeking a Quality Improvement Manager.
The position will maintain the systems associated with BRC and all contractual customer requirements. Conducting all external customer and legislation audits, managing the businesses quality systems. They will be the HACCP lead on site as well as having responsibility for the quality and food safety throughout the supply chain.
• HACCP / QRA (Quality Risk Assessment) lead for site.
• To produce registration documentation for exportation purposes.
• To manage the resolution of quality and food safety issues relating to supply chain issues and incidents and manage emerging food safety issues with suppliers.
• To identify opportunities for cost saving / time saving / reducing bureaucracy.
• To manage the Systems Technologist, setting priorities, delegating work, conducting appraisals and nurturing development as the role evolves within the company.
• To manage a small team responsible for maintaining site accreditation e.g. BRC - creating specifications, responding to legislative updates, conducting internal audits.
• To own and manage the audit schedule of suppliers, visiting their sites when required.
• Lead Auditor Qualified
• Advanced HACCP
• BRC experienced. Conversion to level 8 advantageous.
• Relevant HNC/Degree in addition to a minimum of 5 years Quality Management experience, ideally within a factory background.
• A sound working knowledge of Quality Systems, Food Safety and Risk Management tools.
• Supply Chain Management.
• Effective communication skills and the ability to represent the company at a senior level
• Management and leadership skills.
• Experience of working with retailers would be desirable.
What’s on offer?
• A salary commensurate with the level of experience for this position.
• Standard contributory pension.
• Company performance related bonus scheme.
• Working hours of Monday to Friday 08. – 16.00, flexibility required when needed.
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Simon Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.