Sector: New Product Development
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
I’m currently working with a fantastic FMCG manufacturing business who have over 30 years' experience developing branded products for the UK retail industry. With an award-winning product range and business, this is an opportunity not to be missed if you are working within product development.
As part of their continued success and growth, they are looking to recruit a Product Development Technologist to support the successful development of products.
• Managing the concept to launch development process of new products and packaging.
• Practical elements of product development – recipe development, packaging development, sample preparation etc.
• Proactive recipe development & packaging ideation.
• Factory trials – NPD projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Developing expertise and knowledge on equipment and capability in factory with NPD Manager & Ops teams to aid strong innovation and expertise in the business.
• Benchmarking – looking at new products and comparing our quality levels to ensure we continually learn and improve where we need to. Keeping abreast of new things (not just biscuits).
• Day to day contact on project detail, timelines, Traffic Light launch meeting, HACCP Team member, working closely with Technical and Ops, Purchasing and attending NPD Meetings with Marketing.
• Supplier contact – Meeting to continually learn about what’s new and managing them as part of NPD projects.
• Project work as required.
• Kitchen facilities management and general administration of documentation associated with NPD.
• Degree within Food Science/Technology/NPD is advantageous or good bakery knowledge and experience that can be further developed.
• Excellent communication – written and verbal.
• A passion for food.
• A great team player, but happy to work on your own.
• A positive “can do”, pro-active attitude and demonstrate use of initiative
• Fully conversant with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
What’s on offer?
• A salary commensurate with the level of experience for this position.
• Private contributory pension.
• Company performance related bonus scheme.
• Annual leave of 28 days inclusive of stats.
• Working hours of Monday to Friday 08.30 – 17.00, flexibility required when needed.
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Simon Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.