Quality Assurance Technologist
Location: North East England
Job type: Permanent
Our client, a leading food manufacturing business in their category is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Technologist to join their business.
The position will maintain & develop an Allergen Management System, embed and promote quality & food safety culture and development.
To assist in the management of the Quality Management System, ensuring that all relevant certifiable standards, policies, procedures and customer requirements (e.g. Codes of Practice) are met in terms of quality, legality and food safety within all aspects of the business
• Champion Quality Culture & Allergen Management across the factory.
• Advise Operations on key process controls to ensure the quality and safety of all products.
• Implement and maintain quantitative & qualitative tests/monitoring (e.g. Q Kitchens; Q Table) that will ensure the correct process controls to deliver consistent quality.
• Help to drive the business quality vision, mission, strategy, culture, and values.
• Assure and drive continual improvement in quality standards, allergen control & GMP.
• Participate in the investigation and resolution of customer related quality issues e.g. customer complaints.
• Use Root Cause Analysis to identify the cause of failure and non-conformance. Implement timely preventive action to remove the chance of recurrence.
• Assist in the certification/approval to ensure continued compliance with customer, industry, scheme and legal standards.
• Understanding and working knowledge of all customer’s Codes of Practice.
• Perform Gap Analysis against standards, propose & implement timely action to remove NC.
• Knowledge of risk assessment as applied to all systems but particularly allergen management.
• Knowledge of internal auditing within all aspects of the QMS/AMS systems.
• Working knowledge of HACCP; TACCP & VACCP.
• A practitioner of Root Cause and Gap Analysis.
• Excellent Influencing and mentoring skills.
• Very good communication skills, both verbal & written.
• Capable of working outside normal hours, also alone or within a team environment.
• Microsoft Office competence.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Time management.
What’s on offer
• A starting salary of up to £28,000
• Auto-enrolment pension
• Working hour of 08.30-17.00 Monday to Friday
• 25 + 8 annual leave
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate experience in a similar technical role within the food industry.
If you are interested in this position please send a copy of your most recent CV to Simon Norris at email@example.com or call 01312265060.