Production Manager, Central Scotland
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a privately-owned Food Manufacturer who is currently experiencing rapid growth. An opportunity to join them has become vacant for a Production Manager.
• Responsible for direct supervision of all production activities and for delivering the production plan in the most efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst maintaining the required quality standards and food safety expectations.
• Allocate tasks; provide instructions & advice to Operatives.
• Be responsible for the following on shift: Performance, H&S, Quality, GMP & Hygiene.
• Continually monitor production on all lines to ensure production plan is achieved, whilst adhering to the process controls required.
• Investigate & implement efficiency and cost saving tasks.
• Develop his/her team and ensure robust training and development plans are in place to raise the overall competence level of his/her team.
• This person should have experience in production and be able to perform to the high standards achieved through BRC accreditation.
• Previous experience working in a production supervisor role or similar is essential.
• Previous experience of working in the food industry is essential.
• Knowledge of food legislation standards.
• Awareness of Health and Safety legislation and regulations.
• Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable.
• A desire to deliver results and the drive to exceed expectations.
• Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to be flexible to meet business needs.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
• A team player.
• Self-motivated and a strong commitment to personal development.
• Professional approach and attitude.
• Proficient in English (literacy and numeracy).
What’s on offer?
• Working hours are Monday to Friday 08.00 - 17.00
• A starting salary commensurate with the position.
• 28 days annual leave
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.