Location: North East England
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful FMCG who are growing, dynamic with an exciting branded and OL product range supplying major retailers and foodservice establishments.
They are seeking to hire a Shift Manager to support their Operations team.
The new shift manager will manage the day to day running of production and support the Head of Production to ensure safety and quality standards are met at all times and without compromise.
• Ensure the safe and efficient operation of production machinery to produce the required products according to the production plan.
• Ensure all hygiene standards are adhered to as of the company policy.
• Ensure that all production documentation is completed efficiently and the monitor adherence of all direct reports.
• Adhere to all Health and Safety guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Manage waste, yields, labour cost through efficient lean management.
• Carryout Investigations / Disciplinaries / Probation reviews / Performance reviews as and when necessary.
• Organise staff training required
• Promote a strong positive work environment.
• Manufacturing experience is essential ideally in the food and drink industry.
• Leads by example and drives the team to excel.
• Motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter with high level of initiative.
• Team player, performs well within a team but challenges where necessary.
• Excellent communication skills with all levels and all areas within the business.
• System and standards driven with a high attention to detail.
• Be able to analyse systems/procedures and recommend improvements to maximise productivity.
• Is logical and understands production machinery and efficiency measures.
• Champions continuous improvement and encourages innovation.
• Strive to exceed customer (internal and external) expectations with the highest responsiveness.
• Be fiscally conservative. A penny saved can be more than a pound earned.
• Demand integrity, productivity and accountability from all co –workers.
What’s on offer?
• A very competitive starting salary.
• 40 hour working week Monday to Friday, rotating between Morning and Back shifts weekly.
• Annual Leave of 23 days + 8 bank holidays.
• Business contribution pension, 3% matched in year 1 rising to 6% from year 2.
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Simon Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.