Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
An excellent opportunity has been created for a Specification Technologist for a fantastic multi-site food manufacturer based in Glasgow. They have a large Technical & NPD team where this role will work with both completing specifications.
• Manage the specifications system across all sites.
• Collate all raw ingredient, fresh produce and finished product specifications for all sites.
• Update supplier information and contact details.
• Transfer existing specifications (ingredient and finished product) to a suitable in-house database or bespoke system.
• Assist in development and improvement of the specifications systems.
• Complete and collate finished product specifications.
• Control issue of recipes.
• Complete relevant trackers for specification and supplier approval control.
• Obtain BRC certificates and update a central database on approved raw material suppliers.
• Update customer specification systems.
• Review of raw material & packaging specifications.
• High level of computer literacy.
• Past experience in retailer specification writing in a food manufacturing environment.
• Ability to collate and present information along with strong research abilities and a keen eye for detail as well as accurate data recording.
• Awareness of nutrition, food in-tolerance/allergens, microbiology, nutritional and chemical analysis.
• Knowledge of up to date legislation regarding the labelling of food products
• Graduate level with qualifications in Food Science, Technology/Nutrition or relevant experience.
What’s on offer?
• A competitive industry starting salary.
• Working hours of 08.30 – 17.00 Monday to Friday
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Simon Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.