Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client, are a privately-owned Food Manufacturer who are currently experience rapid growth. An opportunity to join them has become vacant for a Production Supervisor.
• Responsible for direct supervision of all production activities and for delivering the production plan in the most efficient and cost effective manner, whilst maintaining the required quality standards and food safety expectations.
• Allocate tasks; provide instructions & advice to Operatives.
• Be responsible for the following on shift: Performance, H&S, Quality, GMP & Hygiene.
• Continually monitor production on all lines to ensure production plan is achieved, whilst adhering to the process controls required.
• Investigate & implement efficiency and cost saving tasks.
• Develop his/her team and ensure robust training and development plans are in place to raise the overall competence level of his/her team.
• This person should have experience in production and be able to perform to the high standards achieved through BRC accreditation.
• Previous experience working in a production supervisor role or similar is essential.
• Previous experience of working in the food industry is essential.
• Knowledge of food legislation standards.
• Awareness of Health and Safety legislation and regulations.
• Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable.
• A desire to deliver results and the drive to exceed expectations.
• Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to be flexible to meet business needs.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
• A team player.
• Self-motivated and a strong commitment to personal development.
• Professional approach and attitude.
• Proficient in English (literacy and numeracy).
What’s on offer?
• Working hours are a 4 on 4 off rotation 07.00-19.00.
• A starting salary of up to £25,000 per year
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Simon Norris on 0131 226 5060.