Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a manufacturer of premium quality food products, supplied into retail and food service. Award studded, this equal opportunity company has experienced rapid growth in its 5 year.
They are currently seeking a highly skilled General Manager / Operations Manager who can hit the ground running is sought to manage the 24-hour operation across two neighboring sites.
Not only will you manage all aspects of operations including production planning, direction of hands-on production and despatch/delivery involving communications with external parties, you will be charged with responsibility for stock control, purchasing, financial administration associated with operations and staff management plus timetabling of floor teams.
Live for hard work is your middle name. Passionate involvement will be required. This is a crucial opportunity to step up the running of what is already a successful operation, taking it to greater heights. If you are outcomes driven, then perhaps you are the energetic and intelligent achiever we would like to entrust this high-stakes role to, reporting directly to the Owner.
Who are you? You are an experienced high-level manager with ability to think fast, remain calm under unrelenting pressure, a stellar diplomat and capable of efficiently multi-tasking. You are a confident leader, an effective communicator with employees from diverse backgrounds and accomplished at driving teams to exceed performance targets monitored by you. Precision is your strength, as is giftedness with numbers and manual dexterity, meaning you can troubleshoot minor faults. You have an ability to oversee ensuring each component plays like a fine symphony.
Are you flexible enough to roll with unexpected changes like ingredient shortages, snowed in deliveries, a packing machine breakdown, absent staff, curious inconsistencies in manufacturing or a spreadsheet of figures glitching? Is it in you to find timely profitable solutions? Can you contribute your skills to make this company thrive in its next season?
• Adept at using Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Outlook.
• Strong numeracy skills, written and spoken communications.
• High level of operational and commercial awareness.
• Functionally detailed and precise and skilled at modelling consistent achievement.
• Skilled proactive manager of teams of employees with a proven track record for increasing productivity while strengthening positive workplace culture.
• Capable at overseeing a combination of varied tasks; multitask with ease.
• Hands on and dexterous with mechanised production formats.
• Ability to openly learn on the go and apply standards for effective outcomes.
• Ability to initiate and implement improvements in discussion with the Owner.
• Physically fit and prepared for rigorous work in a hot, fast-paced context.
What's on Offer
• A starting salary of up to £50,000
• 28 days paid holiday p/annum
• Statutory Pension
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Simon Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.