Health, Safety and Training Officer
Sector: Health & Safety
Location: East Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful food manufacturing organisation, undergoing an exciting phase of expansion. They are currently seeking a Health, Safety and Training Officer.
The Health, Safety and Training Officer will be responsible for ensuring compliance with current legislation, industry standards, and company procedures and be passionate to improve the Management systems, identify and resolve issues Reporting to Health, Safety and Training Manager Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Daily site policing of all departments to proactively ensure compliance and establish a healthy cultural attitude towards health and safety and identify training requirement in the work force.
• Investigate and attend all accidents/incidents that occur and collate all information and create reports accordingly.
• Give assistance with all audits, internal and external.
• Risk Assessments – Review and change risk assessments to ensure that all areas of the factory are assessed and are accurate.
• Safe Working Procedures – Assist with writing and implementing new processes.
• Maintain training files and matrices and ensure sign offs are up to date and audit ready.
• Build positive relations with all employees, managers and any external contacts and represent the business and its interests in the best possible manner.
• Assess all new equipment.
• Help and co-ordinate any emergency situations.
• General administration duties.
• COSHH assessments – review and complete accordingly.
• Hold a NEBOSH qualification or have experience in health and safety matters
• Train the trainer qualification would be advantageous.
• Confident presentation skills
• Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Competent IT skills Success Factors Application
What’s on offer?
A starting salary of between £21,000 - £24,000
Working hours of Monday to Friday 08.30 – 17.00 with some flexibility to suit business needs.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.