Location: East Midlands
Job type: Permanent
A fantastic career opportunity has arisen for a Head Miller to join one of the leading manufacturers in the UK and Globally.
The main purpose of this role the day to day supervision and instruction of the site milling team; to manage an effective, efficient and safe manufacturing operation, producing finished products that fulfil the needs of our customers at least cost and maximum return within the Company operating objectives.
• Work within the company’s safety & health guidelines and ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
• Ensure mill performance meets desired expectations.
• Ensure quality and consistency of all finished products.
• Ensure mill hygiene standards are maintained.
• Supervise and motivate production staff.
• Ensure the ongoing training and development programmes the milling team.
• Carry out quarterly goal reviews with milling team members.
• Liaise effectively with other departments to ensure product quality and availability; hygiene schedule completion; planned maintenance is carried out efficiently.
• Play an active role with the HACCP team to ensure high standards of food safety.
• Monitor and report mill efficiencies against KPI’s.
• Produce reports for Production Manager as required.
• Carry out first stage disciplinary investigations when required.
• Training: advanced NABIM qualification or above, HACCP and IPM trained.
• Proven record of milling skills.
• People management skills.
• Computer literate with a good understanding of business management systems inclusive of WMS systems.
• Problem solving abilities to analyse situations objectively and reach logical solutions.
• Effective oral and written communication with both colleagues and external customers.
• Other relevant skills: teamwork, reliability, decision making, ability to build relationships, performance and results focused.
What’s on offer?
• Salary commensurate with experience and training level.
• Monday to Friday day shift working hours.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.