Development Account Manager
Sector: New Product Development
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful food manufacturing business. They are a leader in their category and they have an excellent reputation for high quality products and excellent customer service. The business has been growing steadily over the last few years, making a few very clever acquisitions along the way.
They are looking to continue growing and need to add to their Product Development team with a Development Account Manager.
To develop NPD and EPD products in line with business commercial targets and market trends, managing the critical path from concept through to launch. To support cost reduction work and ‘Blue Sky’ innovation.
• Manage the development process from concept to launch in accordance with customers’ development processes and Codes of Practice. This includes agreeing and managing critical paths for product launch and following the internal business NPD processes.
• Work with the Innovation team, Customer, NAM’s, brand owner and Marketing to identify future trends and innovation. Liaise with the Buying team in sourcing new raw materials or packaging ensuring that all new raw materials / packaging are approved by Technical
• Develop knowledge of raw materials, factory processes and baking skills to help develop new products or make suggestions to improve existing products (in terms of margin or factory performance). This includes working closely with the Process Technologists, Technical department and suppliers.
• Ensure briefs are approved for Development. These will take the form of a Project Initiation Documents (PID).
• Ensure all projects are delivered on time in line with commercial PID targets
• Develop a good working relationship with the retailers maintaining customer focus and using good influencing skills in order to protect the business
• Work in conjunction with colleague DAMs on projects to ensure Development takes a co-ordinated approach with customers.
• Attending customer presentations and meetings
• Supply complete customer documentation required for tasting panels, reviews and benchmarking. This includes submitting benchmarking information and creating customer presentations.
• Ensure internal reviews have been carried out and are signed off ahead of product leaving site for all samples and circulate internal review document. This includes ensuring that costings and feasibility of proposed products are approved.
• In conjunction with the Technical department, ensure the HACCP is completed for each NPD and EPD product and the relevant risk assessment is carried out prior to any factory trials, to ensure all elements of food safety are adhered to.
• Complete hand over document and arrange handover meeting with the process team so they can run effective trials attending where necessary to ensure the objectives of the trial are met and all relevant information is collected.
• Update project progress to the wider team, via weekly NPD meeting and in accordance with critical paths to ensure any issues are raised. Any issues on daily basis to be discussed with NPD Manager.
• Involvement in generation of packaging artwork, approvals and co-ordination with the customer, Design and buying teams.
• To support Production and Process team at Pre-Production and Launch and to manage the customer, if on site, or confirm sample is dispatched to them for sign off.
• Carry out post launch meeting at 6 and 12 weeks and circulate report.
• Ability to work closely with other departments including, Marketing, Commercial, Operations, NPD, Technical, Purchasing and Engineering.
• Ability to liaise and build relationships with external suppliers.
• Complete food safety and quality checks as part of development.
• Process evaluation to reduce cost and maintain quality.
• Excellent presentation skill.
• Ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Significant experience within a food manufacturing environment.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and problem solving.
• Self-motivated, with the ability to motivate others, along with the ability to work on own initiative, as well as possessing team working skills and able to demonstrate a continuous improvement ethos.
• Have pride in your work and display behaviours that align with the company vision and values (Teamwork, Ownership, Communication, Honesty and Respect).
What’s on offer?
• A starting salary of between £25,000 – £30,000 D.O.E.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.