Manufacturing Team Manager
Job type: Permanent
Our Client, are well known within the FMCG world for their well-loved food brands. They are looking to recruit a Manufacturing Team Manager.
This is an excellent development opportunity where you will be accountable for people, plant, product and process delivery against clearly defined role outputs and responsibilities.
Responsibilities include motivating, leading and coaching a manufacturing team of semi-skilled, advanced-skilled, and technically skilled production team members to successfully deliver production, quality, hygiene, safety, conformance to plan and attendance KPIs.
• Ensure production and conformance to plan targets are met
• Plan and implement the weekly labour plan, making necessary adjustments on a daily basis including planning and managing overtime requirements.
• Control levels and accuracy of waste and be responsible for waste recording and for Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
• Achieve hygiene audit requirements and plan and manage weekly cleaning schedules.
• You will also be required to undertake Crisis Incident Management, Accident and Near Miss investigations, and also be responsible for ensuring standards of conduct are maintained and managing disciplinary and grievance situations within your team.
• Responsible for coaching, developing, leading staff & establishing a culture to support all aspects of lean manufacturing teams.
• Responsible for achieving budgeted figures.
• Planning & prioritising work & ensuring maximum use of resources.
• Have leadership skills, and will lead by example, demonstrating high standards of behaviour, honesty and integrity.
• Be a confident and effective communicator, and be able to demonstrate a track record in leading teams to drive up standards and improve efficiency in all areas.
• Accept responsibility and take ownership of problems, and see change as an opportunity.
• Delegate, empower, influence and motivate people to achieve goals.
• Develop and support people through coaching and feedback to achieve excellence.
• Have experience of working with LEAN and Continuous Improvement principles.
What’s on offer?
• Salary of £42,000 for fixed nights.
• Working fixed nights on a pitman shift pattern so you will get a three day weekend every other week.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.