Assistant Technical Manager
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a privately owned multi-site food manufacturer. From their largest manufacturing site they are seeking an Assistant Technical Manager.
- To implement and maintain the company audit systems.
- Bakery GMP audits and assisting production management with implementing and improving company procedures (Good Manufacturing Practice).
Keeping supplier approval and specifications up to date.
- Covering the Technical Manager when off site or on holiday.
Assisting in customer and third party audits. Maybe required to lead audits if the Technical Manager is unavailable.
Helping other technical functions within the group.
Liaising with Sales Department with customer requests and product samples.
General technical duties including glass audits/calibrations/shelf life testing/fridge temperatures/blade checks.
Managing NPD projects including ingredient declarations and label design.
- Training of Operatives on CCP’s.
- Collection and verification of production staff paperwork.
- Monitoring goods in records.
Traceability checks in the bakery.
Collecting micro samples and maintaining analysis data.
- Dealing with customer complaints.
- The ideal candidate will be Degree qualified in food science.
Experienced in leading/participating in third party audits i.e. BRC and UK retailers.
HACCP level 3 trained.
- Have experience and ability to deliver food safety training to REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene Level.
Exceptional prioritising skills are essential for thinking through challenges logically and gathering advice from area experts where required.
- Supervisory/Management experience is also desirable.
What’s on offer?
- A starting salary of up to £26,000.
29 days annual leave, inclusive of statutory.
- Contributory pension.
Monday to Friday day working hours.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV Simon Norris.