Quality Systems Team Leader
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
My client is a large and well respected manufacturer with an established and lengthy client base. They are seeking a Quality Systems Team Leader to join their business.
The purpose of this role is to be the site lead for ensuring compliance against Quality Systems and Food Safety standards, including managing document control, internal audits, and supplier quality assurance.
• You will be required to ensure compliance with ISO9001, FSSC22000, BRC, RSPO, regulations, customer and group requirements.
• You will be responsible for managing document control and responding to food safety and system inquiries from customers.
• You will deliver against HACCP plans across the organisation ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and industry standards.
• You will ensure overall day to day management of Quality Management System (QMS) and the Quality Systems team to ensure a clear focus on Food Safety is maintained.
• You will be required to engage with the business to ensure food safety and system requirements are continually improved and communicated.
• You will provide basic food hygiene training to all employees and liaise with HR to agree external training requirements relating to Food Safety and Quality Systems.
• You must manage internal audit schedule, HACCP review system and document control.
• The ideal candidate will be Degree qualifies in a technical or food background
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical function of a food manufacturer.
• Lead auditor certified in ISO9001, FSSC22000 and/or BRC, and ideally in RSPO.
• HACCP level 4 trained
• Have experience and ability to deliver food safety training to REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene Level.
• Have a proven track record of leading multi-disciplinary groups in problem solving non-conformances.
• Exceptional prioritising skills are essential for thinking through challenges logically and gathering advice from area experts where required.
• Supervisory/Management experience is also desirable.
What’s on offer?
• A starting salary comensurate of position.
• 28 days annual leave + 8 statutory.
• Child care vouchers.
• Contributory pension.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Simon Norris on 01312265060.