Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Our client, a Food & Drink manufacturer with an excellent reputation and international commercial distribution based in Cumbria is currently seeking a Packaging Technologist.
• Understand packaging needs & requirements from internal/external stakeholders and produce a clear, commercially viable brief for suppliers or internal design team.
• Ownership of the packaging process ensuring continued successful implementation.
• Create & manage critical paths & meet deadlines.
• Work across multiple UK and International packaging projects at any one time.
• Manage artwork version control to ensure correct packaging in the marketplace.
• Attend press passes with confidence and good knowledge of print process.
• Undertake trials with suppliers to ensure packaging is fit for purpose.
• Bring new ideas and innovations within packaging to the fore.
• Ensure excellent communication with internal & external stakeholders.
• Maintain company artwork and packaging files library.
• Ensure all packaging adheres to brand guidelines prior to sign off.
• Maintain contemporary expert knowledge in the field of food packaging by liaison with appropriate scientific bodies/ departments together with evaluation of competitive products.
• HNC/HND (Degree desirable) or equivalent in a scientific discipline plus a minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in factory quality environment.
• Detail orientated with an ability to understand interdependencies of timelines and project paths.
• Experienced with a range of packaging formats.
• Preferable Packaging Technologist qualification with membership of Institute of Packaging.
What’s on offer?
• Salary between £22,000 - £28,000
• Working hours of 37.5 Monday to Friday.
• Private pension.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Simon Norris on 0131 226 5060.