Job type: Permanent
We are currently looking for a Specification Technologist to lead the team to ensure that all customer specifications, pack copies and artwork are accurately set up and relevant customer documentation is produced in line with critical path timescales and launch deadlines.
• Creation of the customer specification plan to ensure that all customer requirements are completed within agreed time frame
• Set up, for approval, all external customer specifications or relevant technical information in accordance with customer specification requirements
• Ensure compliance with updated customer technical policies, current labelling standards and include all regulatory changes that will impact back of pack information
• Follow relevant process development procedures, ensuring these are documented correctly and are compliant with internal & customer standards
• Reviewing raw material specification content to develop specifications for each raw material/category · Validation of specifications and processes to identify synergies and scope for consolidation through a CI process
• Work closely with raw material suppliers and internal teams to agree quality parameters of raw materials, which supports appropriate checks at intake in order to ensure compliance
• Communication with all relevant internal departments and external parties to ensure that specification compliance is achieved
• HND or equivalent qualification
• Level 2 for Food Hygiene
• Level 2 Health and safety
• Basic HACCP awareness
• Good level of computer literacy
• Expert in using web based customer specification systems
• Detailed knowledge and experience of writing specifications for retailers in food manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of legal labelling and legislation and application
What’s on offer
• A starting salary of between £25,000 - £28,000 depending on experience.
• Working hours of Monday to Friday.
• Business pension.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Simon Norris on 0131 226 5060.