Strategic Projects Manager
Sector: General Manufacturing
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
My client is a large and well respected manufacturer with an established and lengthy client base. They are seeking a Strategic Project Manager to join their business.
Project and programme management of a global portfolio of strategic Product Development projects.
Responsibility for championing project management excellence and improving the capabilities of employees; whilst driving forward delivery of projects.
• Coordinate and support portfolio of business critical PD projects.
• Lead project review forums and provide progress reports on key milestones and highlighting project deviations.
• Lead project teams and steering teams.
• Oversee and maintain quality assurance of project milestone plans, risk management and stagegate reviews tracked in WorkFront.
• Evaluate progress in PD projects, diagnose potential shortfalls and lead problem-solving to create solutions.
• Challenge project leaders to achieve faster turnaround time of projects steps; problem resolution to improve fulfilment of project objectives.
• Recommend project changes, resource commitments and other strategic interventions to support delivery of outcomes.
• Influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are based on full knowledge of status of projects and implications of options.
• Engage with broader Commercial group and other senior management to maintain project awareness as required to facilitate support, understanding and coordination.
• Display role model behaviour in project management, coach project teams in project skills, behaviours and tools.
• Develop skills in project management within Product Development through coaching and supporting skills workshops. Marry project behaviours with WorkFront system tool to maximise beneficial project outcomes.
Qualified to a minimum of degree level in physical or applied science (or similar) with demonstrable experience in a Project/Programme Management or PMO role, overseeing delivery of business critical projects. This will be gained from scientific/manufacturing businesses.
• Strong interpersonal skills, high energy, team player, leader & relationship builder.
• Good communicator at all levels of organisation. English Language written/oral - other languages (European/Chinese) desirable.
• Excellent project management skills – planning, tracking progress, resource allocation, outcome delivery, etc.
• Strong problem solving skills with an analytical approach.
• Familiarity with related software tools, ideally WorkFront.
• Knowledge: PMO best practice in a commercial environment.
• Experience of business change, transformation environment an advantage.
What’s on offer?
• A starting salary of between £50,000 - £70,000
• Home based role with a requirement for weekly presence in office
• International travel to group sites.
• Private Pension
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Simon Norris on 0131 226 5060.